Saturday, January 1, 2011

Review: Toshiba Mini USB Optical Mouse (PA3765U-1ETG)


First off, just like to wish everyone a happy new year! No, seriously. I hope that it's actually happy. Anyway, you may have remembered that I mentioned the Toshiba Mini USB Retractable Mouse (Model Number: PA3765U-1ETG) in my review of the HP Mini 110-3138TU. Well, that's because I actually have the mouse. So how is it?

Here's the basic specs:
-Dimensions: 3.0" x 1.7" x 1.2"
-Weight: 1.6 ounces
-Power requirement: 5V<30MA
-Cable length: 31"

It's a basic mouse that comes with 3 buttons (left, right and scrolling wheel) that plugs into a USB port. It's an laser optical mouse that runs at a resolution of 1000 dpi. And on the package it says that it works with pretty much all Windows operating systems (Windows 7, Vista, XP) and even Linux (Ubuntu). Though it doesn't say that it works with Mac OSX, I've tried it and can confirm it does, though it seems that it's slightly laggy when compared to the Macbook's trackpad. And it comes with a retractable cord, which is handy because you can use more or less of the cord depending on what you need. It also means it takes up less space in your bag when you're travelling (which is why I guess was the purpose of this mouse). I've got small hands (or so I've been told) and I find no problem using the mini mouse, even if it feels like my normal mouse shrunk. I do think that those with bigger hands may have a little trouble, though. It's really light too, so it goes well with netbooks and laptops. And with the touchpads on netbooks usually being cramped and not very easy to use sometimes, an external mouse definitely helps out. Retailing at $19.99, this certainly is quite a good companion to your netbook. But those with bigger hands may prefer to use something a little bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment